Martes, Marso 4, 2014

ABPLBsNPL!




                So we all know that ABNKKBSNPLAko The Movie is already showing. Well, the girls from Augenblick got a chance to watch the film 2 weeks before its actual premiere in cinemas. So awesome, right!?! Here’s what they have to say :


Weeks before the screening of ABNKKBSNPLAko, I checked out on its trailer in YouTube. Yeah, another movie about reunion I thought. I find this very usual and there’s nothing new to watch for in this movie. I find it as uninteresting really ‘coz I’ve seen a lot of movies about reunion and the like and they run on the same plot and storyline like as you watch it, you can predict what will happen next.
But I was so wrong, very wrong!
I’d eat up all these thoughts when I got to see the actual movie. This was different. This was fun and amazing!
Yes, I’ve read the book before but the story wasn’t plain as what was written by Bob Ong. The director, Mark Meily put another angle on the story, it was a bit twisted but the change was good, just perfectly done. Usually I feel bad whenever a book is turned into a movie and the story was changed. But this one isn’t like that because I loved it. I love Ong’s work but I loved the movie even more.
Well, it had shown the experiences of the usual students going through the rough course of being in elementary, the high school and of course college. I was laughing all throughout as I have seen the mischievous acts of elementary students and misadventures of those in high school. I remember my school days before and everything they have shown were very true.
I know everyone can relate to this one because we have gone through this. We know the feeling because we’ve been there. It’s just so nice to bring back the memories. It felt so good like I have revisited the past. It felt like I’ve ridden a time-machine and I’ve found myself sitting on my old classroom, with my old acquaintances.
It featured the puppy love, the first love and everything we loved before in the world we call school – which was the perfect eyewitness on the precious memories of our young life.
Not just that this movie made me laugh but I also felt ‘kilig’, it made me feel sad, kilig again, then laugh and laugh again and over again -- A lot of emotions really because I can really relate on the characters, on the story, on everything in it.
I loved it so much and one thing I’m sure of is that, I went home with a smile on my face.
“Para sa lahat ng ating mga naging guro,
Sa buhay.”
                                                                                                                                                                ---Joyce Velasco

                I and my friends were one of the luckiest folks who got a chance to watch the “12 year old Bob Ong book  turned movie”,  ABNKKBSNPLAko at the UP Cinema last Feb 5. A mammoth of people came. Hence, patience tested us as we fell in line for two hours just for the tickets. Well, at least we shall not wait for two weeks before seeing it on the big screen. 
                And as expected, it was awesome. The movie has a different flavor compared to the actual book since the story with “special someone” was spiced up. Yet, most scenes still gave nostalgia on the one you read. Moreover, Jericho Rosales indeed justified his role as Roberto Ong. The crazy antics of Vandolph Quizon, Meg Imperial, and Andi Eigenman also added extra humor on the film. I also have to commend the kids who played the role of the little Roberto and Portia. Their scene was the crowd favorite!
                After the movie, the fun didn’t stop there. We were surprised after seeing Jericho Rosales as the lights were turned on again and realized he also watched. He and Direct Mark Meiley then entertained questions from the crowd and gave the 12th anniversary edition of the book to those who asked questions. We also met the rockstar of Philippine comics, Manix Abrera who also read Bob Ong’s opening speech for the film. And here’s what he did for us hihi.
                                                                                                                   --Christine Joanne Reyes
                 




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento